Medical Terminology and Anatomy for Coding, 3rd Edition is unlike any other medical terminology textbook on the market. By interspersing ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines and notes, electronic medical records, and integrated exercises, it combines anatomy and physiology coverage with the latest medical terminology coders - and coding students - need. The ICD-10-CM classification system serves as the structure for organizing diseases and disorders, with carefully drawn, well-labeled illustrations to help you visualize the associated anatomy. A new Basics of Oncology appendix provides the terminology and physiology of neoplasms, and new CPT coding information indicates where physician coding differs from ICD-10 coding. The robust Evolve site includes games, activities, and animations to reinforce learning.
- UNIQUE! Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology specifically tailored to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding manuals supply you with an excellent foundation for learning the medical terminology related to coding.
- UNIQUE! A Body Part key provides a complete list of body parts and how they should be coded in ICD-10.
- UNIQUE! Pathology terms organized by ICD-10 disease and disorder categories let you learn terms in the same order they are presented in the coding manual.
- UNIQUE! Guideline Alert! and Special Notes boxes highlight relevant ICD-10 information.
- UNIQUE! Pharmacology in each body system and a Pharmacology Basics appendix help you recognize drugs and medications in medical reports.
- Procedural terms supply a more complete picture of the number and kind of procedures you will encounter on medical reports.
- UNIQUE! Normal Lab Values appendix familiarizes you with normal and abnormal lab values so you know when to search a medical record for possible additional diagnoses.
- UNIQUE! Root operation tables illustrate the root operations in PCS and their associated suffixes.
- Pathology and procedure terminology tables list the word parts for each term, along with the definition so you become familiar with prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms.
- Exercises interspersed throughout the text encourage you to practice and learn as you move through the material.
- Be Careful! boxes warn you about similar and potentially confusing word parts and medical terms.
- Electronic medical record format illustrates the appearance of electronic records now being used in many healthcare settings.
- NEW! CPT coding information indicates where physician coding differs from ICD-10 coding.
- NEW and EXAPNDED! New chapter that incorporates pregnancy, perinatal, and congenital conditions to more closely match the ICD-10 manual.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Oncology Basics appendix provides the terminology and physiology of neoplasms that you need to understand.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Generic and brand drug names table keeps you in the know.
- NEW and EXPANDED! The online course (MTO) now includes adaptive learning, gradable case studies, and audio reviews to provide a complete learning experience for distance learners.
- UPDATED! Evolve student resources now report to the gradebook so you can practice medical terminology in an interactive setting and instructors can follow your progress.
- NEW! Updated ICD-10 guidelines and notes provide up-to-the-minute coding information.
- NEW! Updated terminology reflects current technology and ICD-10 manual terms.